General Animal Keeper / Education Assistant
A position has become available for an Animal Keeper / Education assistant, this is a 6 month contract to start, 40 hours a week, weekend work and flexibility in working hours is essential to this role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated and highly motivated individual to join our small, friendly team. This position involves tasks such as cleaning, feeding, and enclosure maintenance, covering various sections as required.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the highest standard of care for your charges, and must be capable of working well within a team, as well as alone and unsupervised. You must be educated to at least GCSE level in English and Maths, and an animal based qualification is desirable.
Due to the physical nature of the job, applicants will need to be physically fit and healthy, and be fully prepared to work outside in all weathers.
Other duties will include:-
• Assisting in Educational workshops to school groups,
• Keeper talks to the general public,
• To assist Photography groups,
• To assist with Birthday parties
• Assist with our Animal Contact Sessions
• A good knowledge of exotic wildlife and global animal conservation issues is a must.
• An ability to communicate this knowledge to both the general public & students.
• Experience in presenting talks to the public is needed.
• A full driving license is essential due to our rural location.
• Your own transport is required.
Please send an up to date CV and covering letter by email to Andrew Swales. office@HamertonZooPark.com
CLOSING DATE: 4th July 2016
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early and will only be contacting those who we wish to interview.
Independent International Zoo Consultant