Senior Keeper (primates section)
GaiaZOO is immediately seeking a senior keeper who provides support and guidance to the primates section. The current team exists of 6 keepers.
GaiaZOO is the youngest zoo in the Netherlands and has been developed and constructed according to the most modern vision on animal keeping. A beautiful animal collection, spacious enclosures, an adventurous landscape and a strikingly architecture characterise this zoo of the 21st century. In just over ten years, more than 4.5 million visitors found their way to GaiaZOO. For multiple times, GaiaZOO has been chosen as the best and most beautiful zoo in the Netherlands by independent
bodies, such as ANWB and ZooSite. As no other company a zoo lends itself best for receiving publicity in the most creative way. Conservation and Education is an integral part of the company’s philosophy.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Taking care of primates following the rules and guidelines of the management.
· Providing leadership and support to the staff in their animal care duties:
- giving instructions and setting priorities in consultation with the direct supervisor;
- ensure that staff members perform their duties optimally and effectively;
- see to it that staff members follow regulations related to safety, Arbo, HACCP and
work- and presentation methods.
· Co-ordinate the day to day routine.
· Manage the to the section belonging equipment, materials and stock.
· Report to the lead keeper and provide briefings on any particularities.
· Diploma from an animal care course (MBO+ or equivalent level);
· Leadership skills relevant to animal care and specifically within the zoo environment
· Additional knowledge of and experience with the support and leading of groups of staff;
· Specific knowledge about the primates in the collection is essential.
· Fluent spoken English and a willingness to learn Dutch is essential, preferably also a
willingness to learn German however not essential.
What we can offer you
We can offer you a very inspiring environment within a rapidly growing company. The employment conditions are in accordance with market conformity; GaiaZOO is associated with the Leisure collective agreement.
Are you interested in this position and do you fulfil the criteria?
Send in your CV with a cover letter per e-mail before 3rd of July:
Yvette Hollands / Head of HR
Independent International Zoo Consultant