Paradise Wildlife Park
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate that can assist in developing and delivering high standards of animal care across animal sections within the park.
The species that are currently within these sections include large and small mammals, Birds, Primates, Hoof stock and Reptiles.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Follow animal husbandry, training and enrichment routines set by the section leaders.
• Maintain high standards of welfare and husbandry on sections
• Undertake & record animal observations
• Participate in animal management and veterinary intervention as required
• Contribute to education, media and marketing initiatives to encourage public understanding of animals and promote; including representing PWP at events
• Engage guests formally during presentations, informally during routine course of duties, and deliver experiences.
• Ensure an up-to-date knowledge of relevant best practice, and statutory regulations, including Health and Safety and environmental legislation
• Other duties to support effective and efficient site working as required, including: Fire Marshall, First Aider, company vehicle driver, including tractor trailer, Litter picking/rubbish removal/sweeping and general cleaning in order to maintain high standards. (nb - full training will be a given prior to the post holder being required to undertake new tasks)
The successful candidate will have sound knowledge of animal husbandry and a strong team mentality to achieve the team’s objectives. This position requires a minimum of 4 years experience of working with exotic species.
You must provide excellent customer care at all times and have excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will be able to work well as part of a team, have the ability to use their initiative, display interest and commitment to animal welfare and conservation, and possess strong verbal communication skills, as talking to members of the public is an essential part of the role.
A full UK driving licence would be beneficial.
This is a full time position, which will include bank holidays and weekends on a flexible rotated basis. The salary for this position will be between 16,000 and 16,965 depending on experience.
Please submit all applications in writing with a CV to: Head Keeper, Yianna Cooling at Yianna@pwpark.com
Closing date: Monday 16th February 2015
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in