Veterinary Nurse Volunteers
Animals Asia is currently looking for qualified veterinary nurse volunteers at their China Bear Rescue Centre in Sichuan Province, China for the upcoming year. Placements are available from March 2015.
All veterinary volunteer placements require a commitment of at least three months.
Basic Veterinary Nurse Volunteer Requirements
• Recognised veterinary nursing qualification.
• Experience working in veterinary practice in a veterinary nursing role.
• Make medicated shakes for bears.
• Assist with the preparation for bear health-checks and surgeries.
• Assist with bear health-checks and surgeries.
• Help clear away after bear health-checks and surgeries.
• Observe and monitor bears waking up from anaesthetics.
• Feed, clean and enrich hospitalised bears in transport cages.
• Assist the Resident VN with monthly abdomen checks and worming of bears as required.
• Help with small animal work as needed.
• Walk resident dogs daily.
• Assist with weekly and monthly cleaning duties.
If you would like to apply for a volunteer vet nurse position, please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in