Trainee Cover Keeper
We are looking for an ambitious individual to join our animal care team. If you want to be part of one of the UK's fastest growing zoos and are excited about the prospect of being part of something new, this position might be for you!
Wingham Wildlife Park is a family run wildlife park with big emphasis on animal husbandry, conservation, education and safety for our animals, staff and visitors. We are looking for a like minded “team player” who would fit in amongst all bird and mammal sections. These sections includes a variety of species ranging from meerkats, warty pigs and marmosets through to tigers, tapirs and penguins.
The Candidate Will:
- Be able to communicate on a one-to-one basis as well as leading public talks to large crowds.
- Have some experience working with exotic species.
- Be comfortable working with carnivore feed preparation.
- Have relevant animal husbandry qualifications.
- Have a valid UK driving licence or have good access to transport links.
The Role Involves:
- Day to day husbandry of animals in our park.
- Giving talks to visitors about some of the species in the park.
- Strict adherence to safe working practices.
- Maintaining high standards around the park including emptying bins, weeding and window cleaning.
About Employment with WWP:
This full time position requires people to be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions, including working on weekends, during school holidays and on bank holidays.
We give statutory holiday entitlement.
This trainee position will pay at the rate of the national minimum wage.
All applications to be address for the attention of Markus Wilder to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter and CV. For applications to this particular job please use reference COV001 in the email title. Any applications through other channels will be disregarded.
Please don't forget to mention you saw this advert in