Livestock Assistant Vacancy
GREEN DRAGON ECO FARM, Claydon Road, Hogshawm MK18 3LA
Full time position / 40 hours per week / Salary range dependant on experience
Green Dragon Eco centre and rare breeds farm is an open farm and visitor attraction. We pride ourselves on sustainability and promoting a Green approach to living. We are self-sustaining and Eco with our energy production, water management, sewerage management, and our ‘farm to folk’ philosophy.
We have only been fully operation for a year and we already have a loyal following of supporters and visitors, we are growing fast and are looking for forward thinking, motivated, artistic and hardworking individuals to help us achieve our mission.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join our team and get involved in our future story and achievements.
We are looking for a self-starter with a passion for nature, animals and farming, with a great work ethic, likes working outside and as part of a team.
Responsible to: Livestock supervisor & Farm Manager
• You will have relevant experience within the animal care industry
• You will have worked practically with agricultural livestock. Have experience with Lambing, Calving and Farrowing.
• Experience with Pet animals is desirable but not essential.
• You will Work on the Farm, cleaning and feeding the animals.
• You will work with the livestock team to provide daily enrichment for the animals.
• You will be a good public speaker and enjoy engaging with the visitors through delivering animal encounter sessions and talks.
• You will be involved in the breeding programmes.
• You will Work closely with the Livestock supervisor to maintain the animal health scheme with routine preventative medicine and veterinary care.
• Practical maintenance experience, field management is desirable but not essential.
• Additional tasks as directed by your line Manager.
Please Mark FAO Jay Wood and email: email@example.com with your covering letter and CV.
Post open until filled.
Independent International Zoo Consultant