Permanent - Part-time (20 hours)
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.9 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Records Assistant to join our team.
• To assist in updating and maintaining Chester Zoo’s animal record database (ZIMS) to the highest standard
• To produce reports and answer queries (current and historic) with regards to the Zoo’s records
• To assist with the creation of reports and figures for the quarterly trustees meetings and Annual Reports
• To liaise with animal teams for information and clarification with regards to daily report and records entries
• To provide informal training and support to other ZIMS users within Chester Zoo and occasional contact with other Records Keepers through the BIAZA Records Group
• To assist in the management of an extensive historical record archive and to enter this data onto ZIMS
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to work independently, with a high level of self-motivation.
• Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Have previous record keeping and administrative experience
• Be experienced in the use of Microsoft office applications
Background knowledge of animals from a variety of taxa as well as an understanding of zoo management would be desirable although full training will be given.
Hours of work are 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
The salary is £7,900.74 per annum and in addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found at http://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers/working-at-chester-zoo.
To apply for this position, please attach your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you should be considered for our Records Assistant role to http://www.chesterzoo.org/footer/careers.
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2017.
Independent International Zoo Consultant