Animal Management Lecturer
Located in the heart of the Thames Valley, BCA is a specialist Land-based college situated in a historic 400 acre listed estate which boasts a range of habitats and modern teaching facilities to support curriculum delivery. Our Animal Management Centre has recently benefited from considerable investment which has transformed it into one of the UK’s best college learning environments to include Exotic, Zoo, British Wildlife, Livestock and Companion Animal sections.
• To provide a high quality learning experience that supports students with a diverse range of learning requirements to achieve success.
• To prepare, deliver and assess high quality learning in subject specialisms on a range of Animal Management courses (particularly at Level 3)
• To undertake course management responsibilities to include tracking and monitoring of student progression.
The successful applicant will have relevant industry experience in the animal sector; ideally you will hold a subject appropriate degree and have practical experience with a range of animals. We are particularly seeking applicants that hold a veterinary nursing qualification or have animal nursing experience and who have background knowledge/experience in the subjects of animal nutrition and animal health.
A passion for teaching and learning is essential. Ideally the successful candidate will hold a teaching qualification or have experience teaching in a further education environment. The ability to be adaptable in our vibrant and busy department is essential as are excellent communication skills.
Reasons to join us:
• Generous annual leave entitlement and pension scheme
• A wide range of learning and career opportunities
• Childcare, cycle to work and local business employee corporate discount schemes
• Free on-site parking
• Various health and wellbeing benefits (including free use of the College gym).
For further details and an application pack, please contact the Human Resources Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 16 July 2017
Interview date: 20/21 July 2017
BCA is committed to equal opportunities for all whilst safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students; all posts are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
Independent International Zoo Consultant