Aquarist and Interns
Exploris Aquarium is currently recruiting aquarists and interns.
- Running of aquarium tanks and systems
- Maintain up to date tank displays
- Monitoring of water quality and fish stock quality.
- Dealing with alarm issues of tanks that may arise during or after work.
- Develop and maintain education and conservation programme.
- Report ans maintenance for relevant licencing inspections i.e Zoo Licence
- Carry out talks while preforming duties.
- Training new staff.
- To maintain adequate stock levels of fish and fish procurement.
- To assist in any training along with monitoring and maintenance of training records for all staff members.
- To ensure aquarium is cleaned on a daily basis and is maintained to a hygienic manner.
- To observe fire, health and safety riles and procedures and to partake in fire and accident drills.
- To ensure that all materials and equipment are not left in a hazardous state.
- To wear protective clothing and eye protection when dealing with any chemicals or hazardous materials.
- To ensure stock control and rotation procedures are carried out where applicable
Exploris Aquarium expects all employees to work as a team in a friendly and professional environment. During busy periods we will require all employees to contribute in other areas of the business to ensure the smooth and professional service is delivered.
Apply for this job:
To apply please forward CV along with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by post to : Mr Kieran Quinn, Exploris Aquarium, The Rope Walk, Castle Street, Portaferry, BT22 1NZ, Northern Ireland
Closing date is close of business on Friday 21st July 2017
Independent International Zoo Consultant