Instructor – Animal Management Centre
SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE
£18,840 - £22,508 (dependent upon qualifications)
Due to growth in learner numbers, the college is seeking to expand the current instructor team. The post holder will undertake practical instruction and assessment of groups of students and other trainees as required. The ability to communicate effectively is key aspect of this role.
Candidates should be educated to at least level 3 in a relevant qualification e.g. Animal Management. Candidates should be able to demonstrate significant professional experience working with a range of animals as well as a real passion and enthusiasm for animals and helping all learners to reach their maximum potential. The post holder will hold an appropriate teaching qualification or be willing to attain one.
This post is to be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 30 July 2017
Interview Date: 04 August 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Child Care Vouchers
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Free gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
Application packs are available from:
24 hour recruitment line: 01962 797438
Independent International Zoo Consultant