Chessington World of Adventures
We are Chessington World of Adventures Resort and we are part of the magical Merlin Entertainments!
We are currently recruiting for a zoo keeper. As a member of our wild connections team you will be responsible for the daily husbandry of the animals on the section including cleaning, diet preparation, record keeping and enclosure redesign; no 2 days in this role are ever the same! Other duties will include planning, evaluating and executing environmental enrichment for the animals under your care and delivering first-class animal presentations, shows, meet and greets, commercial activities and memorable experiences to our adventurers. You will be required to use positive reinforcement to train a wide variety of species for husbandry, guest interactions and presentations. To excel in this role you will need good initiative to come up with new ideas to help move the section forward and to increase revenue and minimise costs, whilst maintaining standards. You will be required to work alongside the wider zoo team as well as employees from all over the resort and mentor, coach and supervise work-experience students and interns.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
- Extensive practical experience working with a wide range of species, reptile experience is an advantage.
- Exceptional presentation skills are a must, in addition to the ability & passion to interact with the public.
- A good level of understanding of animal behaviour and the care of animals is required to build upon.
- Strong communication & computer skills are required as is efficient time management and organisational skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn & develop in the role.
- This role is full time, permanent, averaging 40 hours per week working 5 days out of 7 which will include weekends and bank holidays.
Alongside a competitive annual salary and 28 days holiday you can look forward to enjoying a great benefits package including a group personal pension plan, Merlin Magic pass, employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, life assurance, 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants, 40% discount online off of LEGO, and much more!
Contact: Human Resources (email@example.com)
Closing date for applications is: 24th Jul 2017
To apply, please click HERE.
Independent International Zoo Consultant