Keeper (Mammals) – Paignton Zoo
Full-time – 38.75 hours per week includes working a rota of 2 out of 3 weekends.
We are looking for an Animal Keeper within the Mammal Department. The role involves the day to day husbandry of a large and diverse collection of mammals focusing on animal welfare, bio-security, record keeping and ensuring that exhibits are maintained to the highest standards.
The successful candidate will:
• Have at least 2 years of prior experience working with Mammal species in a zoological collection or similar establishment and will have completed the DMZAA course or will have over 4 years experience.
• Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of current mammal husbandry practices and proven experience in the successful husbandry of a wide range of mammal species. A logical, precise and scientific approach to animal keeping is required.
• Hold a full driving license.
• Have significant experience and interest in Mammal Husbandry and implementing best husbandry practices.
• Understand the conservation, research and educational role of ex-situ animal populations.
• Be proficient in Microsoft software including Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Be reliable with good time-keeping and attendance and able to demonstrate professionalism.
• A self-disciplined team player with a positive attitude
• A knowledge and background in Primate care is beneficial but not vital.
Further details on applying can be found on our website www.paigntonzoo.org.uk
Closing date: Monday 3rd July 2017
Interview date: Monday 10th July 2017 (TBC)
Independent International Zoo Consultant