Belfast Zoological Gardens
Main purpose of job
- To be responsible to the assistant director of city and neighbourhood services for the general management of the Zoological Gardens and other facilities including management of these premises and ensuring the participation of Belfast Zoo activities required by regulation and legislation concerning zoo management.
- To regularly review zoo strategies and align them with annual business plan objectives and consequential expenditure estimates.
- To manage the facilities in accordance with the principles of performance management and the council’s policies concerning a total quality approach so as to ensure that the required standards of service quality are maintained.
- To monitor and manage such budgets as are allocated for the discharge of the unit’s functions in accordance with the council’s policies, financial regulations and standing orders, to ensure that the unit’s objectives are met within the budget.
- To contribute to the corporate management of the department and council by participation in the department’s management team and through close working contact with senior officers, project teams and consultative groups as necessary.
- To keep under review new developments in all fields relevant to the unit’s responsibilities and to make recommendations to relevant senior officers.
- To ensure accurate and timely production of all information required for council or committee reports, official returns and for performance measurement.
- To ensure the necessary high standards of service delivery, through the motivation and management of staff, in an efficient and effective manner.
Closing date for applications is: 26th Jul 2017
Apply for this job:
You can request an application form, details about the job and terms and conditions of employment from:
Job Applications, The Cecil Ward Building, 4-10 Linenhall Street, Belfast, BT2 8BP; or
download an application pack HERE or email your name and address internally to jobs or externally to firstname.lastname@example.org; or phone our Jobline on 028 9027 0640 (office hours only).
Return your form to Human Resources (or return via email) before 4pm on Wednesday, 26 July 2017.Information can be provided in alternative formats on request.
Independent International Zoo Consultant