Internship opportunities (Gibraltar)
Alameda Wildlife Conservation Park
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have 2 short-notice internship opportunities at the Alameda Wildlife Conservation Park in Gibraltar starting in August for up tp 6 months (including a one month probationary period). These are self-funded positions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The primary role of the interns will be to participate in the daily husbandry and daily routines of the animal department. This includes feeding animals, maintaining enclosures, daily record keeping and animal health checks.
- As an intern, you will also help with the daily supervision of existing volunteers and participate in the training of new volunteers and work experience students.
- You will also receive training and be expected to participate in keeper talks and park events.
- You will have the opportunity to gain knowledge of the different aspects of the Wildlife Park such as enrichment, medical treatment and record keeping.
- Where suitable, there may also be opportunities for research projects to be undertaken
Terms of placement:
Interns will be required to work from 9am to 5pm five days a week on a rota basis. This will include some weekends and bank holidays as necessary.
- Preference will be given to applicants with an animal related qualification or working towards an animal related qualification
- Some experience within the zoo industry or with exotics would be desirable but not essential.
- Applicants should be enthusiastic, hard-working and have a willingness to learn new skills.
- All internships are purely voluntary and as such it is with regret that the Wildlife Park cannot provide any financial support or expenses to those wishing to apply for these positions.
Applicants will be responsible for funding all flights and accommodation during their stay.
Closing date for applications is: 10th Jul 2017
Apply for this job:
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to Jessica Leaper at email@example.com
Completed applications will be received until 10th July 2017. Interviews will be held as soon as possible afterwards, (These interviews be conducted via Skype or similar media).
Please visit HERE for more information
Independent International Zoo Consultant