We are looking for an ambitious individual to join our animal care team. If you want to be part of one of the UK's fastest growing zoos and are excited about the prospect of being part of something new, this position might be for you!
Wingham Wildlife Park is a family run wildlife park with big emphasis on animal husbandry, conservation, education and safety for our animals, staff and visitors. We are looking for a like minded “team player” who would fit in amongst our reptile section. This section covers a large variety of reptiles, arachnids and amphibians.
The Candidate Will:
• Be able to communicate on a one-to-one basis as well as leading public talks to large crowds.
• Have experience working with reptile species, preferably in a zoo setting.
• Be able to work as part of a team and on their own.
• Must be self-motivated and willing to expand their knowledge about reptiles.
• Have exceptional time keeping skills.
• Show excellent practical animal husbandry skills.
• Have relevant animal husbandry qualifications.
• Have a valid UK driving licence or have good access to transport links.
The Role Involves:
• Day to day husbandry of the animals covered by the reptile section.
• Excellent observational and note keeping skills when working with the animals at the park.
• Giving hands on talks to visitors and schools about some of the reptile species in the park.
• Strict adherence to safe working practices.
• Maintaining high standards around the park including emptying bins, weeding and window cleaning.
About Employment with WWP:
This full time position (winter; 40 hours per week, summer; 45 hours per week) requires people to be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions, including working on weekends, during school holidays and on bank holidays.
We give statutory holiday entitlement.
This position will pay at the rate of the national minimum wage. On the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period a wage increase will occur.
All applications to be addressed for the attention of Ruth Wilder to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter and CV. For applications to this particular job please use reference REP001 in the email title. Any applications through other channels will be disregarded.
This opportunity will close as soon as enough applications have been received so please submit your application as soon as possible.
Independent International Zoo Consultant